We are looking for a Bookkeeper (aprox. 25 to 30 hours per week) to assist with general bookkeeping and production accounting in our White Rock based office.
The candidate must be organized, meticulous and able to work independently using accounting software, such as Quickbooks and be comfortable manipulating and creating spreadsheets using Excel.
This individual will work in a demanding, deadline driven environment, assisting management and production staff with a number of competing accounting responsibilities.
- Accounts Payable: Post purchase orders, accounts payable/receivable, and production costs.
- Accounts Receivable: Prepare bank deposits, clear accounts receivable, enter cash receipts.
- Payroll: Prepare biweekly payrolls through a service provider, post payroll reports, prepare project billbacks. Manage employee status changes as directed.
- General cash flow management: update bank balances, prepare cheque runs, organize bank drafts.
- Credit Card and Petty Cash Management: issue petty cash, including foreign currencies, record and reconcile costs, project billbacks, ensure timely reconciliation.
- GST: Track and prepare returns.
- Vendors: liaise as required.
- Filing, documentation and to ensure Audit Trail.
- General office administration: filing, answering phones, as required.
Suitable applicants shall have three years experience and achieved an intermediate level with a recognized accounting body, be comfortable implementing the principals of financial reporting, cost accounting and taxation. Any experience with Canadian film and television production accounting would be welcome.
If interested please email your resume, with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send resumes and cover letters together as one file.
Salary to commensurate with experience.