Do you love World War II History?
Are you a documentary film buff?
Does researching and proving facts excite you?
If you answered yes, then this might be your dream job!
Parallax Film Productions produces World War II documentary series for broadcast on National Geographic Channels. We are adding an in-house Researcher/Annotator to our award-winning team. As the in-house Researcher/Annotator you will collect and collate requested research, find fantastic interview subjects, verify historical details with multiple sources, annotate scripts and act as the liaison between the broadcaster and our executive producer. This is a full-time, in-house position based out of our offices in White Rock, BC.
- BC Resident and Canadian Citizen
- University Degree in History, Journalism or Political Science is desired
- Ability to research using primary and secondary sources beyond online searches
- Verify historical details using multiple sources to annotate scripts
- Proven experience in accurate fact checking
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to work ahead in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Comfortable conducting phone interviews
- Ability to communicate promptly, conscientiously and tactfully with broadcasters and producers
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position then send us a sample of your work. It could be something you gathered information on (example: a thesis excerpt, a documentary program, a research proposal, a print story or pitch document). Tell us how you gathered the information.
Send this document and your resume together as a single document to email@example.com with the title Researcher/Annotator in the subject line.
Friday, April 26, 2019
Sorry, no phone calls. If you’ve secured an interview, we will call you to set up a meeting.