We are seeking a Maya Generalist for our historical documentary series. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability to model/simulate water using 3D animation software. This role requires someone strongest in modeling, texturing, and water (ocean) simulation but also able to do basic lighting and/or animation (rotate pieces of created machines). The focus of the work will be on modeling and texturing of historical World War II sea vessels and aircraft. This may include merchant ships, destroyers, avengers, bombers, torpedoes, and/or parts of submarines. Texturing will require both photo real and stylized motion graphic (blueprint) renderings.
Experience with Adobe After Effects and importing and incorporating 3D generated assets is a plus.
Qualifications & Responsibilities:
- Accurate modeling and animation/simulation of ocean water
- Accurate modeling and texturing of historical World War II era sea vessels and aircraft
- Autodesk Maya proficiency – Notably Modeling and Texturing
- Autodesk Maya familiarity – Basic Lighting, Basic Keyframe Animation
- Finding/Reviewing reference footage
- Flexible enough to keep up with the shifting needs of the Production on a daily basis
- Able to push out of your comfort zone and learn new techniques and methods to meet the needs of the Production.
How to Apply: Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send a sample of your water modelling and simulation work
- Send your resume
- Create a cover letter and tell us where you found this job posting and why you would like to work for us.
Please, no phone calls. Successful candidates will be contacted to discuss moving on to the next step of the application process. This is a contract position based in-house out of our White Rock office.