Parallax Film Productions requires an After Effects Specialist for our historical documentary series.
We are seeking someone with a very specific skill set to execute and bring to life assigned shots with precision. Using specific assets provided, the After Effects Specialist will create map shots outlined in the episode scripts. The ability to composite explosions, fire, and/or smoke are necessary. Compositing may also require painting modern images to be more representative of the time period.
- Blend live action footage with 2D and 3D assets to create photo realistic shots
- Work with the Assistant Editors to source original plate shots
- Flexible enough to keep up with the shifting needs of the Production on a daily basis
- Able to push out of your comfort zone and learn new techniques and plugins to meet the needs of the Production
- Brainstorm VFX possibilities and potential shot limitations
- Ensure that the vision and style matches previous seasons, strong attention to the details.
- 2D and 3D tracking of footage
- Matte Painting
- Finding/Reviewing reference footage
- Organize original plate shots/timecodes/filenames for Assistant Editors
- Submit work that follows production and workflow guidelines requirements (ie naming conventions and specs)
– Adobe After Effects proficiency – Notably 3D cameras, create and animate motion graphics, live action compositing (2 years experience preferred)
– Strong Photoshop skills
– Non-linear Editing Software basic knowledge (FCP7/DaVinci ideal)
How to Apply:
Send your resume and a link to your reel or a few samples of your
VFX/Motion Graphics work to email@example.com. Tell us where you found this job posting and why you would like to work for us.
Successful candidates will be contacted to discuss moving on to the next step of the application process. This position is in-house working out of our White Rock production office.
Job Type: Contract – 8 months (November 2020- June 2021)
Salary: $22.00 to $27.00 /hour
Canadian Citizenship (Required)