We want our characters to look their part. We’re looking for an experienced Costumer/Dresser for a historical documentary series starting October through mid December. Prep will take place from production office in White Rock and filming will be based in Abbotsford.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Ensuring costumes are historically accurate for all characters
- Assisting to source costumes and creating look books for each episode (if required)
- Be familiarized with script breakdowns, cast and costume requirements for each episode
- Sourcing costume items as required
- Working ahead to order items like military patches well in advance and then sewing on patches and other similar items in advance
- Preps all wardrobe for the cast for the day
- Tracking of all costumes for every character (sign in and sign outs)
- Ensuring costumes are cleaned, dried maintained and accounted for (daily)
- Developing systems for quick changes and in and out of costumes by re-enactors
- Picking up / returning costumes from rental house as required
- Tracking costumes from rental house, ensuring they are returned in good and clean condition.
- Monitor onset kits, inform Production Manager of required items.
Qualifications & Attributes:
- Education or equivilant experience in fashion, costuming, tailoring/sewing
- Excellent organizational skills and supreme attention to detail
- Appreciation for and knowledge of WW2 history is an asset.
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving
- A valid driver’s license and reliable car – Set location isin Abbotsford
Please email cover letter and resumes as one pdf to jobs(@)parallaxfilm.com