Parallax Film Productions requires an After Effects Specialist for a new season of our historical documentary series.
We are seeking someone with a very specific skill set to execute and bring to life assigned shots with precision. Using specific assets provided, the After Effects Specialist will create Map Shots detailed in the episode scripts. The ability to composite explosions, fire, and/or smoke may also be required. Compositing may also require painting modern images to be more representative of the time period.
- Ensure that the vision and style matches previous seasons, strong attention to the historical details.
- Flexible enough to keep up with the shifting needs of the Production on a daily basis
- Able to push out of your comfort zone and learn new techniques and plugins to meet the needs of the Production
- Blend live action footage with 2D and 3D assets to create photo realistic shots
- 2D and 3D tracking of footage
- Matte Painting
- Submit work that follows production and workflow guidelines requirements (i.e. naming conventions and specs)
Job Type: Contract – 6 months (November 2021- April 2022)
Salary: $22.00 to $27.00 /hour
Must have Canadian Citizenship and be BC Resident. (Required)
– Adobe After Effects proficiency – Notably 3D cameras, create and animate motion graphics, live action compositing (2 years experience preferred)
– Strong Photoshop skills
– Non-linear Editing Software basic knowledge (AVID/DaVinci ideal)
How to Apply:
Send your resume and a link to your reel or a few samples of your VFX/Motion Graphics work to jobs(at)parallaxfilm.com by Friday, October 8.
Tell us where you found this job posting and why you would like to work for us.
Successful candidates will be contacted to discuss next steps of the application process. This position is remote working with team members in our White Rock production office. Candidate MUST be Vancouver-based and BC resident. No exceptions.