Do you love details? Does discovering the story behind the story excite you? Is your dream home in the Archives? If you answered yes, then this might be your dream job.
Parallax Film Productions produces World War II documentary series for broadcast on Smithsonian and National Geographic Channels. We want to add a Researcher/Annotator to our award-winning team. The successful candidate will collect and collate requested research, find fantastic interview subjects, source period props and costumes, verify historical details with multiple sources and annotate scripts.
- BC Resident and Canadian Citizen
- University Degree in History, Journalism or Political Science is desired
- Research using primary and secondary sources beyond online searches
- Verify historical details using multiple sources to annotate scripts
- Proven experience in accurate fact checking
- Exceptional organizational and writing skills
- Ability to work ahead in a fast-paced environment to meet deadlines
- Comfortable conducting phone interviews, and
- Must live within commuting distance of our White Rock office
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this position then send us something you gathered information on (example: a thesis excerpt, a documentary program, a research proposal, a print story or pitch document). Tell us how you gathered the information.
Send this document and your resume to jobs(at)parallaxfilm.com with Researcher/Annotator in the subject line.
Sorry, no phone calls. If you secure an interview we will call you to set up a meeting.