Parallax Film Productions requires a Visual Effect Artist specializing in After Effects for our historical documentary series.
Do you have the skills to bring to life to assigned shots with precision? Using specific assets provided, the VFX Artist will add muzzles flashes, explosions, fire, and/or smoke as required.
- Blend live action footage with 2D and 3D assets to create photo realistic shots
- Keep up with the shifting needs of the Production on a daily basis
- Push out of your comfort zone and learn new techniques and plugins to meet the needs of the Production
- Ensure that the vision and style match the other artists’ work and are appropriate to the historical period
- Submit work that follows production and workflow guidelines requirements (i.e. naming conventions and specs)
- Adobe After Effects proficiency – Notably 3D cameras, create and animate motion graphics, live action compositing (at 1 year’s experience preferred)
- Strong Photoshop skills
- Non-linear Editing Software basic knowledge (AVID and Resolve ideal)
- A proven track record of delivering shots for broadcast or film
- Must be a Canadian Citizen and BC Resident for Tax Credit Purposes
- Must be based in Greater Vancouver
How to Apply:
Send your resume and a link to your reel or a few samples of your work with the subject line: VFX Artist
to jobs(at)parallaxfilm.com . Tell us where you found this job posting and why you would like to work for us.
Qualified candidates will be contacted to discuss the next steps of the application process.
This position is work from home, but the candidate must be located in the Greater Vancouver area.
Job Type: Contract – (February – April 2021)
Rate : $22.00 to $25.00 /hour (Based on Experience)