After many blog posts chronicling its inception, the time has finally come to detail la mini beam splitter rig de resistance.
Meet Beamer EX Stereoscopic Rig, a Parallax Film Productions exclusive, designed and assembled by our stereographer Sean White.
With two successful 3D shoots in the can, our Beamer has proven a force to be reckoned with in the field – portable, rugged, and a damn good shooter.
And pretty easy on the eyes, don’t you think?
Here’s the Beamer breakdown:
– Custom built aluminum beam splitter chassis integrated with 15mm rods and components
– Designed for two Sony EX3 cameras for perfect genlock and time code sync
– HDSDI signals from both cameras recorded to Convergent Designs nanoFlash 3D at up to 280 mbps
– Precise monitoring and alignment with 6″ Transvideo CineMonitorHD 3D View
– Easy to setup and transport
– Switches from tripod to handheld shooting and back in seconds
– Adjustable interaxial distance from 0-100mm
– Calibrated camera heights from base mounts
– Floating 4-point micro adjustment screws for perfect mirror alignment
– Single Anton Bauer Dionic battery on Goldmount powers the monitor and both nanoFlashes
–Ian Herring, President